Sunday, September 26, 2010

Blog Post 5

I have heard of podcasts before, but I have never really known the many ways it could be used for educational purposes.  It makes sense for us to teach our students through technology since thats what they are most familiar with.  The most beneficial part of podcasts would have to be the fact that students who are ill, have access to information that would otherwise be unattainable.  I have never been one to stay home from school, even when I was sick.  I know that if I would have had it going through school, it would have definitely gotten used.  I've had an iPod for a few years now, but I had no idea how I could use it to help me study.  I am just in awe over how many study-aid programs are out there.  I had heard of a few, but for the most part, I knew nothing about any of them.  I just wish there was a way for students to learn about these programs so they could be put to use.  Oh wait, there is.  As soon as teachers start educating their students about these study-aid programs   they will be able to use them in their everyday lives.  The podcasts from Eagles' Nest Radio  & Class Blog are amazing.  I wish that I had had a chance to do something like this.  It was very obvious that the students were very enthusiastic about their parts in the podcasts.

1 comment:

  1. Paige,

    You pointed out a crucial benefit of podcasting: that students can be included in the class experience even if they cannot attend school that day. However, I don't think that you have put much thought into how you will make this possible for them. Will you be the voice heard? Will your students do the creating? Which is more beneficial? Heather Bright's post is a great example of a good reflection for this assignment, you might read her post, comment, and add to the good thoughts that you have shared in your post.

    Anthony

    ReplyDelete